UGC NET December 2020 (May 2021) Postponed Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Since it is important to spread the news, we thought to let all NET aspirants know that due to the outbreak of pandemic COVID-19 the Ministry of Human Resource Development has directed the National Testing Agency to postpone the UGC-NET December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) exam. NTA will announce the schedule 15 days before the commencement of the test. Those who have already submitted the UGC NET application form 2021 (December 2020) can visit the official website to fix any error if they have made. The application correction window is active. (Read through the article to know the correct steps to access and edit the errors in your application form.)
Earlier, as per the UGC-NET December 2020 notification PDF, the last date to submit the online application form for the upcoming National Eligibility Test 2020 exam was 9th March 2021. With extra time in hand, you can read all the instructions carefully and make no mistakes while applying online.
To help you with UGC-NET 2021 apply online, let us guide you through the application process for the UGC-NET 2020 December exam step-by-step below.
Before going ahead with the UGC-NET December 2020 registration process, we want you to take a look at the important dates below –
|UGC NET December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) Events||UGC NET May 2021 Important Dates|
|Submission of online application starts||02 February 2021|
|The last date to close online submission||03 March 2021
09 March 2021 (Extended)
|Application Correction Window||Active|
|Admit card available to download||Will be updated soon|
|Exam dates||02 May – 17 May 2021
Will be updated soon (15 days before the exam)
|Answer keys to be available||To be announced later|
|Result to be announced||Will be declared after the exam|
UGC NET Application Form 2021 (December 2020) – How to Apply?
For a new registration, candidates have to follow 4 important steps – 1) Apply for Online Registration. 2) Fill Online Application Form. 3) Upload Scanned Photo & Signature. 4) Pay Examination Fee.
While already registered candidates can sign in by providing details like – Application No, Password and Security PIN (will be shown on the form). Follow the UGC-NET registration guide and submit the online form without making zero errors.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fill in UGC-NET Online Application Form
- Visit the UGC-NET 2020 official website, i.e. https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- On the Homepage, click on the link “Fill Application Form UGC-NET December 2020”.
- Click on “New Registration”.
- Read the instructions carefully, check tick “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions” and proceed with “CLICK HERE To PROCEED”.
#Stage 1) Apply for Online Registration:
- Provide Personal Details: Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Identity Type, Gender and Enter Valid Govt. Identity Number
- Provide Contact Details: Address, Locality, City/ Town/ Village, Country, State/ UT. District, Pin Code, Land Line No. with STD code or any other Contact No. (Optional), Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Choose Password: Password, Confirmed Password, Security Question and Security Answer
- Enter Security PIN: As shown in the picture
- Review the Registration Page and then Submit
Note: You need to review the ‘particulars entered’ carefully. Press “Edit Registration Form” if you wish to make any changes to the particulars entered. Press “Final Submit” if everything entered is correct.
#Stage 2) Registration Completed, Complete Application Form:
Well, the first stage is over. You have completed the “Registration Form”. You need to note down the Application Number for future references. Now, click on “Complete Application Form”.
- Apply for: Choose your preference, Subject Opted for NET and Choice for Exam City: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th
- Educational Details: Provide education details like qualification, pass status, stream name, qualifying examination from, qualifying examination state and board/ university name.
- Review the application form and click on ‘Submit’
#Stage 3) Uploading of Scanned Images:
The third stage is “Uploading of Scanned Images”. You will need to upload the digital images or files of your recent passport-size photograph and signature. Ensure these scanned files are in JPG format only. Enter “Security PIN” and press the “Upload” button.
A popup will appear on the screen – “Do you wish to upload images finally?” Click the “Yes” button.
Click Here to Know Image Size, Document Format and Other Details
#Stage 4) Pay of Examination Fee:
You have provided all the correct details and uploaded the scanned pictures. Now, you must remit the UGC-NET application fee. Rs. 250/- is the examination fee. As the official website, “The processing of application form will be completed only after the payment of fee.”
The mode of payment is online (UPI/ Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Paytm Services).
Note: The candidates cannot edit the filled Application Form data once the payment of the exam fee is done.
How to Make Correction in Your UGC NET Application Form 2021 (December 2020)?
Although the application process is over, candidates can access the authorized page to make corrections to their online form before the link is gone. Here’s how you can access the link –
- Visit the authorized page of NTA UGC NET.
- On the Home page, you will see the “Correction Application Form Dec 2020 Cycle (May 2021)” link. (Right in the middle of the page).
- Click on the link. It will take you to the main correction page.
- Here, you will see “Only Registered Candidates Sign In”.
- Enter your
- Application Form
- Application No
- Security PIN as shown below (refresh it if you don’t see anything)
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
You are all set to mend your application form.
What to Do If You Forgot UGC NET Password or Application No?
You tried to access the application correct page but in vain? Have you forgotten your password? Did you lose your Application No? No worries! UGC understands this and hence, it allows its aspirants to access the password and application number by clicking on the respective links. You will find the links on the Application Correction Window.
The UGC-NET December Cycle 2020 exam has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.