SSC GD Constable 2021 – Last Updates
Candidates are prepping up for SSC GD 2021 Recruitment, which is going to occur after 2018. Given the surge in Covid-19 cases, Staff Selection Commission, on 7 May 2021, has decided to postpone the release of the SSC GD Constable 2021 recruitment notification. This news has saddened lakhs of aspirants who wanted to submit the online application for the General Duty (GD) post of Constables in ITBP, CISF, CRPF, BSF, NIA, SSF and SSB in the first week of May 2021. As a result, the earlier scheduled SSC GD 2021 exam date has been postponed as well.
About Staff Selection Commission and SSC GD Constable 2021
Staff Selection Commission, an organisation established under the Government of India, is entitled to perform certain duties including recruiting the right personnel to fill in multiple posts in the various government departments. As an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), the Commission recruits SSC GD Constable to promote a sense of security among the people residing in the border areas. The duties of the General Duty post of Constables are manifold – from preventing unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India to stopping trans-border crimes, preventing smuggling and any other immoral/ illegal activities carried out on the border.
For candidates who truly want to serve the nation by safeguarding its border, the SSC GD vacancy 2021 will prove fruitful for them. They can join as the General Duty post of Constables (GD) in the following forces –
- BSF: Border Security Force
- CRPF: Central Reserve Police Force
- ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police
- SSB: Sashastra Seema Bal
- NIA: National Investigation Agency
- SSF: Secretariat Security Force
- CISF: Central Industrial Security Force
- Rifleman (GD) in AR: Assam Rifles
Wondering when will the Commission release the SSC GD Constable 2021 recruitment notification PDF? This is no strange that the whole country is battling the sudden outbreak of the virus (second wave). Lakhs of COVID cases are being reported each day. In this gloomy situation, SSC has certainly made the right decision by postponing the official notice. It shouldn’t take any chance to risk the lives of hundreds and thousands of candidates and should only release the recruitment notification after assessing the situation. Candidates who can’t keep calm are advised to visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission regularly. The authorized website of SSC is ssc.nic.in.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Summary
Take a sneak peek into the SSC Constable GD 2021 summary and have an overview of the exam.
|Name of the Exam||SSC GD Constable|
|Full-Form||SSC General Duty post of Constables|
|Exam-Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Purpose of the Exam||To recruit candidates for the GD post of Constables in various forces|
|Mode of Application and Exam||Online|
|SSC GD Vacancy for Female Candidates||8307 (Expected)|
|Male Vacancy||50066 (Expected)|
|Official Exam Date||Not yet confirmed|
|Salary Range||Rs. 21,700 – 69,100/-|
SSC GD Vacancy 2021 (Expected)
In the SSC GD Constable Recruitment notification 2021, the Commission will likely fill more than 50,000 vacancies. In SSC GD Constable 2018, it recruited 58,373 candidates (both male and female). The final SSC GD 2018 result was announced in January 2021.
SSC GD Constable Salary Range
When it comes to the pay scale, i.e. salary, SSC doesn’t disappoint the candidates. The lucrative salary ranges Rs. 21,700 – Rs. 69,100/-.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Exam Dates
The exam was previously scheduled to be commenced from 2nd August to 25th August 2021. Unfortunately, the Commission had to take a drastic step to postpone the exam keeping the pandemic in view. Here’s a glimpse of the tentative dates of this upcoming government exam –
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Release of Notification||In the first week of May 2021 (Postponed)|
|Submission of Online Form||To be notified later|
|Last Date to Fill Form||To be notified later|
|Issuance of Admit Card||To be notified later|
|Exam Commencement Date||2nd August to 25th August 2021 (Delayed)|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified later|
|SSC GD Physical Date||To be notified later|
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria 2021 – Who Can Apply?
This is an important section as you get to learn who can actually apply for the recruitment exam.
- Educational Requirements: Do you meet the educational qualification as prescribed by the exam conducting body?
- Candidates applying for the above posts in the respective forces should have passed the 10th class or matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- Age Limit: The post that you are applying for requires your physical agility. This means you should be quite young.
- To be eligible for the SSC GD 2021 exam, the candidates must be between 18 and 23 years old.
- Age Relaxation: There will be some relaxation for the reserved category candidates (in the upper age limit) as prescribed by SSC. Take a look at the table below to have a clear picture –
|Category of Candidates||Age Limit|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||26 Years|
|Dependents of Victims Killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 (Gen)||28 Years|
|Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989 (Gen)||28 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||29 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 Years|
|Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989 (OBC)||31 Years|
|Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989 (SC/ST)||33 Years|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Online Application Process
Both the application process and exam will be carried out in online mode. As soon as the official notification is released, SSC will prompt you to access the authorised page to submit the SSC GD Constable 2021 online application form.
Check the steps below to understand how to apply for SSC GD Constable 2021 –
- Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link that says “Apply”.
- It will redirect you to the online application submission page.
- Make sure you keep all the required documents ready before opening the application form link.
Application Fee: The application fee can be paid online.
|Male (Gen)||Rs. 100|
|Others including female||No Fee|
Read Complete SSC GD 2021 Application Process
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern 2021
Two important things that will ensure you have a flawless preparation strategy are the updated syllabus and exam pattern. Knowing the SSC GD exam pattern 2021 is a great way to crack the recruitment test. The exam pattern of SSC GD 2021 is mentioned below –
- Computer-based Test or CBT
- PET or Physical Efficiency Test and PST or Physical Standard Test
- Medical Examination
Let’s dive deep and take a look in detail!
- Written Test (CBT): The written test will be held in CBT mode. It will be administered in either Hindi or English and there will be MCQs or objective type questions comprising 4 sections.
- Type of Exam: CBT
- Total Number of Questions: 4 Sections carrying 25 questions = 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: Yes (0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer)
- Unattempted Questions: No mark will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Subjects: General Intelligence Reasoning, General Knowledge & General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/ Hindi
- PET and PST: If you make it through, the Commission will shortlist your name. It will call you for the next round of Interview, i.e. PET. In this Test, both the male and the female candidates will have to show strength and prove themselves to be the right candidates.
- Male Candidates have to compete in a 5-km race in 24 minutes. Candidates belonging to the Ladakh region have to compete in 1 mile in 6 and ½ minutes.
- Female Candidates have to compete in a 6-km race in 8 and ½ minutes. Candidates belonging to the Ladakh region have to compete in 800 metres 4 minutes.
PST (Physical Standard Test): Next, it is your PST test. The authorised staff will check your physical standards like height and chest expansion.
|For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|General, SC and OBC – 170 cm||General, SC and OBC – 157 cm||General, SC and OBC – 80/5||N/A|
|ST – 162.5 cm||ST – 150 cm||ST – 76/5||N/A|
The weight of the candidates is also taken into consideration. It is proportionate to your height and age as per medical standards. The medical board will take the final call.
- Detailed Medical Examination: Candidates will be called for DME (Detailed Medical Examination) if they qualify in the above two phases or rounds. Not only does Physical Fitness play a crucial role, but also staying fit medically will ensure that you will be accepted into the CAPFs.
Read Complete SSC GD Constable 2021 Exam Pattern
SSC GD Constable 2021 Syllabus
Have you got the updated syllabus of SSC GD Constable 2021? Check them here –
- English/ Hindi: Comprehension Writing, Para Jumbles, Sentence Formation, Synonyms-Antonyms
- General Awareness: Scientific Research, Culture, Geography, Economy, Sports, Indian/World History, General Polity
- Elementary Mathematics: Averages, Decimals and Fractions, Computation of Whole Numbers, Discount, Interest, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Mensuration, Percentages, Number Systems, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Time, Relationship between Numbers, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion and Time and Work
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Reasoning Analogies, Visual Memory, Arithmetical Reasoning, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding-Decoding, Figural Classification, Discrimination, Observation, Non-verbal Series, Relationship Concepts – Blood Relations, Spatial Orientation, Similarities and Differences and Spatial Visualization
SSC GD Constable 2021 Other Details
Here are other important details that play equal importance, too.
SSC GD Admit Card 2021 –
The admit card for SSC GD Constable 2021 will be released at ssc.nic.in. Go to the website, download the card, check the details and download it. The hall tickets will be issued separately for the written test, PET and medical exam. The Commission will issue the hall tickets after the application process is over.
SSC GD Constable Result and Cut-off 2021 –
Staff Selection Commission will declare the SSC GD result 2021 separately for the written test, PET and PST and Medical Examination. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated via emails. Check the official website regularly.
Once the result is out, the Commission will release the SSC GD Constable 2021 cut-off at its official website.
For more details, check the SSC GD Constable 2021 result page
SSC GD Constable 2021 FAQs –
- Hello, I’m looking for the SSC GD 2021 Constable application form. When will it be available?
Answer: Staff Selection Commission has not confirmed the dates yet. It will release the SSC GD Constable 2021 recruitment notification PDF on its official website.
- Are the exam dates confirmed yet?
Answer: The recruitment notification will carry all the information. Keep visiting the official website.
- For how many posts that SSC is planning to administer the exam?
Answer: Staff Selection Commission had carried out the SSC GD exam in 2018. It had organised the recruitment test for more than fifty-eight thousand vacancies. This year, too, it is expected that these many vacancies will be filled in.
- What is the pay scale of SSC GD Constable 2021?
Answer: The lucrative salary ranges Rs. 21,700 – Rs. 69,100/-.
- Who can apply for the exam? My friend has passed 10th with 56% of marks. Can he apply?
Answer: Candidates have to only show the 10th certificate from a recognised school. For more details about the age limit and other information, visit the eligibility section.
- What about weight, height and chest measurements?
Answer: It is mandatory to meet the prescribed measurements standards by the CAPFs. Check the exam pattern section to have all the information.
- What is the selection procedure?
Answer: It will be a 4-stage process and candidates have to qualify in every single phase – a. Computer-based Test or CBT, b. PET or Physical Efficiency Test and PST, c. Physical Standard Test and d. Medical Examination. Clearing the CBT test doesn’t mean you have grabbed the job. SSC will declare each stage of the Sarkari result separately.
- Can I crack the test?
Answer: With proper strategy and preparation, you can surely ace the test. Check the exam pattern and syllabus
- Can female candidates apply for the exam?
Answer: Yes, the SSC GD Constable 2021 exam recruits both male and female candidates. Check your eligibility before submitting the online form.
Hope we have brought you the right information so that nothing can stop you from realising your dream. If you have any query or concern, let us know in the comment section.