Latest SSB Odisha 2021 Lecturer Recruitment Exam Updates…
Due to the sudden surge in the COVID-19 cases, the State Selection Board extended the last date to fill in the online application form until 31st May 2021. Earlier, the last date to submit the SSB Odisha 2021 online application was 21st April 2021(midnight), which further extended twice. As per the latest corrigendum notice dated 10.05.2021, “It is hereby notified that the last date of submission of online application has been extended upto 31.05.2021 due to enforcement of Lockdown by the Government and hence the last date of submission of application may be read as 31.05.2021 (Monday) (Midnight) instead of 20.05.2021.”
The Notice also maintains, “No further extension of time for submission of online application shall be allowed.”
The current COVID-19 pandemic situation has locked everyone indoors. Many people have lost their jobs. While the government is doing everything possible to control the virus from becoming more fatal, it also understands the importance of the job. Despite the precarious condition, Odisha State Selection Board has invited applications from prospective candidates for the SSB lecturer posts. If you have a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or its equivalent degree, SSB 2021 is a golden opportunity for you. Apply for SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment 2021 before 31 May 2021 by visiting the official State Selection Board web portal.
Odisha SSB Lecturer Notification PDF 2021
The Board released the advertisement notification in PDF on 22nd March 2021. Interested candidates need to rush now and complete the submission of the application form. Since the exam-conducting body has extended the last date of application submission once, you should make the most of it and complete the registration process before it is too late.
You can download the PDF notification here!
About Odisha State Selection Board (SSB) Lecturer Recruitment Test
Happiness sees no bounds as the State Selection Board, Department of Higher Education, Government of Odisha invited online applications for SSB lecturer 2021 for 972 posts from the eligible candidates. Aspiring lecturers who couldn’t make it last time are now all set not to repeat the same mistakes and are keen on cracking the recruitment test.
The exam would be held for 18 subjects – Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, Education, English, Home Science, Mathematics, Logic & Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, and IRPM.
Visit www.ssbodisha.ac.in and accomplish the online submission formality without further delay. Remember, the last day of submission of the application is 31 May 2021.
SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment 2021 Vacancy Details
As many as nine hundred and seventy-two (972) posts of Lecturers in the scale of pay Rs. 44,900/- to Rs. 1,42,400/- (as per Matrix Level 10) of ORSP Rules 2017 would be filled in various non-government aided colleges of Odisha in different subjects. Here are the vanity details that you are looking for –
|Disciplines||Number of Posts Reserved for||Number of Vacancies|
|S.C. (16.25%)||S.T. (22.50%)||S.E.B.C. (11.25%)||U.R.|
|S.C.||S.C. (W)||S.T.||S.T. (W)||S.E.B.C||S.E.B.C. (W)||U.R.||U.R. (W)|
|Botany||5||3||8||3||4||2||16||8||49 (16 -W)|
|Home Science||1||1||2||1||1||0||5||2||13 (4-W)|
|Logic & Philosophy||8||4||11||5||5||3||25||12||73 (24-W)|
|Political Science||15||7||20||10||10||5||45||23||135 (45-W)|
SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment 2021 Highlights
|Name of the exam||SSB Odisha|
|Full form||State Selection Board, Odisha|
|Conducting authority||State Selection Board, Department of Higher Education, Odisha|
|Purpose||To recruit candidates for the post of Lecturers in non-government aided colleges of Odisha in different subjects|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Total papers||1 (Subject-oriented)|
|Salary Range (Pay Scale)||Rs. 44,900/- to Rs. 1,42,400/-|
|Exam to be commenced||Yet to be announced|
Important Dates of SSB Odisha Recruitment Test 2021
Take a look at the complete exam schedule and continue your preparation based on that.
|SSB Odisha 2021 Events||SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment 2021 Important Dates|
|SSB Odisha Lecturer Notification PDF 2021 Release Date||22 March 2021|
|Submission of online application starts||22 March 2021|
|The last date to close online submission||21st April 2021
20 May 2021 (Extended)
|Admit card available to download||It will be updated soon.|
|Exam dates||It will be updated soon.|
|Answer keys to be available||To be announced later after the exam|
|Result to be announced||Will be declared after the exam|
SSB Odisha 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Who Can Apply?
Everyone wants a secure job. Although the private sector in India is booming, the first priority remains cracking a Government Job. When a situation like this occurs (COVID), even bigger private establishments don’t think twice to lay off their employees. This is why aspirants continue to attempt various government exams. And the State Selection Board, Odisha has come up with an outstanding opportunity for eligible aspirants. So, who’s eligible? Who can submit the online application form before 5th May 2021?
Educational Qualification: Make sure you have acquired all your academic qualifications on or before 01 January 2021.
- You must have a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject.
- Make sure you have got your degree from a recognised University.
- The minimum mark that should have secured 55% marks.
- Or, you should have an equivalent grade.
Candidates belonging to the SC, ST, SEBC and PwD category can show 50% marks in their Master’s Degree in the concerned subject. They must possess the degree from a recognised university or its equivalent grade.
Age Limits: Who says you cannot apply for a lectureship if you are above 32 years? The Board has set the age limit quite high for the aspiring candidates.
- Age Limit (for General Category Candidates): The general category candidates should be between 21 years and 42 years as on 1st January 2021.
- Upper Age Limit (for SC, ST, SEBC, Women and Ex-Servicemen): The upper age limit is relaxed by five (5) years for candidates belonging to these categories.
- Upper Age Limit (for PwD Category Candidates): Persons with Disability will avail of themselves 10 years of relaxation
Other Eligibility Conditions –
You may like to look at these eligibility conditions as well –
- The aspirant should must Indian citizenship.
- Should be able to read, write and speak the Odia language.
- Should, at least, have passed an M.E. level examination conducted by the B.S.E., Odisha.
- Working in any sector – be it public, government or private or private-aided colleges or schools or private sector undertakings – wouldn’t stop you from appearing in the SSB Odisha Lecturer 2021 test. However, you need to produce an NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the head of the office.
- Having more than one living spouse will not make you eligible for an appointment (unless the Odisha government has exempted the case for any good reasons).
- If selected, produce a medical fitness certificate to the appointing authority. Make sure you have got it from a doctor (of a CMO/ CDMO rank).
SSB 2021 Lectureship Application Process – How to Apply?
You can’t just be easy as you have got just a few days to submit the online application form for Odisha SSB Lectureship 2021. The exam conducting authority has already extended the last date to apply for the recruitment test due to the rapid surge in the COVID-19 cases. Those who have already missed the earlier mentioned deadline shouldn’t delay any further.
The last date to fill in the online form for lecturers in non-government aided colleges of Odisha is 31 May 2021.
- Candidates must access the official website to apply.
- Read the detailed instructions and keep all the required documents ready beforehand like the scanned image of your latest password size photo, left-hand thumb impression (should be clearly visible), full signature, online payment details, etc.
Note: Not having these details may reject your candidature.
Step-by-Step Guide to Submit SSB Odisha 2021 Form –
It is a 4-stage process – Registration, Sign In (Selection of Subject), My Applications (Complete Details) and Payment Receipt. Let’s go one by one –
- How to Register or Sign Up for SSB Odisha 2021:
- Visit the official website – https://ssbodisha.ac.in/.
- Click “APPLICANT LOGIN” (right in the centre of the page).
- It will take you to another page. The direct access to this page is https://apps.ssbodisha.ac.in/.
- Click on the “Apply” button next to “Lecturers In Non-Government Aided Colleges Of Odisha”.
- If you have already signed in, enter the credentials (Email and Password) to log in. Also, tick “I’m not a robot”.
- If you haven’t signed up, click on the option that says “Don’t have an account? Sign Up”.
- Enter details like First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Aadhar Card Number, Gender, Email Address, Retype Email Address, Mobile Number (will be verified using OTP), and Retype Mobile Number.
- Click “I’m not a robot”.
- Click “Register”.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter OTP, Password and Confirm Password.
- Click “Submit OTP”
Next, head to the second stage or phase.
- Sign In (Selection of Subject):
- You will be prompted to enter the login credentials to log in.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- This will take you to another page where you will have to choose your preferred subject. (Refer to the following image.)
- Click “Save & Continue”.
- My Applications (Complete Details): In this stage, you will need to remit details like “Permanent Address”, “Correspondence Address”, “Category of Applicant”, “Criminal Proceedings”, “Qualification Details”, “Other Details”, “Declaration” and “Upload Signature/Photo”.
- Click “Save & Continue”.
- Make Payment: Complete the application process by making the payment.
- Unreserved Category (UR): Candidates have to pay a non-adjustable and non-refundable fee of 500/-.
- SC/ ST and PwD: Candidates have to pay 500/-.
For an online deposit of fees in the Bank, here’s how you can make the payment.
- State Bank of India, Govt. Treasury Branch, Bhubaneswar
- Current Account No: 35396835756
- IFSC Code: SBIN0009025
SSB Odisha 2021 Lecturer Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Having the latest syllabus and exam pattern of SSB Odisha 2021 makes it easier for you to crack the exam.
Below, take a look at the latest SSB Odisha 2021 lecturer syllabus and prepare for the test accordingly. Click on your concerned subject to get the complete syllabus in PDF.
- Anthropology Syllabus
- Botany Syllabus
- Chemistry Syllabus
- Commerce Syllabus
- Education Syllabus
- Economics Syllabus
- English Syllabus
- Home Science Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Logic & Philosophy Syllabus
- Physics Syllabus
- Political Science Syllabus
- Psychology Syllabus
- Sanskrit Syllabus
- Sociology Syllabus
- Statistics Syllabus
- Zoology Syllabus
- IRPM Syllabus
SSB Lecturer Exam Pattern
Get ready for the written test in the concerned subject. The State Selection Board will soon announce the exam date very soon. The exam, which will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice) will be held for 150 marks. It will have 100 questions with equal weightage. In case of incorrect answers, there’s a provision of negative marking of 0.5 marks. Candidates will have to sit for two hours for the exam.
- Total Questions (Objective Type): 100 questions
- Total Marks: 150 marks
- Negative Marking: 5 marks to be deducted for each wrong answer
SSB Odisha Lecturer Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected for the desired posts based on the written test (150 marks), career (25 marks) and viva-voce test (25 marks). Total – 200 marks.
If you secure the minimum qualifying marks, i.e. 40%, the Board will call you for the second round (viva-voce test). Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ SEBC/ PwD categories can secure 30% of qualifying marks.
What happens when candidates secure the same qualifying marks for Viva Voce? In case of a tie, the Board will consider the written test mark for shortlisting. Also, it will release the merit list accordingly. In case of a tie for final selection, the exam-conducting authority will consider both Viva Voce and Written Test marks. In case of a second tie, the Board will take the aggregate percentage of marks scored in the PG exam into consideration. If there’s a further tie, the date of birth of the candidates will be taken into consideration. Then only the Board will decide the final merit list.
SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment Admit Card 2021
The Board will issue the SSB Odisha lecturer admit card 2021 once the submission of the online application gets over. Candidates will be notified about the same via email. Once you receive the email, you can visit the official website to download the SSB Odisha admit card. Remember that without a valid hall ticket, candidates cannot enter the exam hall.
Here’s how you can download the SSB Odisha hall ticket.
- Visit the SSB Odisha official page.
- Click on the notification that says to “Download SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment Admit Card” (blinking or scrolling from right to left).
- Log in using your SSB Odisha credentials.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Make sure all the details are correct. Then download and take a print for future use.
SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment Result 2021
After the commencement of the SSB Odisha Lecturer Test 2021, the exam-conducting body will announce the result and will call the shortlisted candidates for the next round, i.e. Viva-Voce. The result has not been announced yet.
SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment FAQs 2021
Q. What is the last date to submit the online application form for SSB Odisha Lecturer Recruitment 2021?
A. It has been extended until 31 May 2021. Hurry up!
Q. When will the SSB Odisha 2021 be held?
A. State Selection Board will declare soon. It has most probably been delayed due to COVID-19.
Q. For how many posts SSB will conduct the recruitment test this year?
A. The Board has announced to fill in 972 vacancies.
Q. What would be the SSB Odisha Lecturer salary scale?
A. Rs. 44,900/- to Rs. 1,42,400/- (as per Matrix Level 10).
Q. I’m 35 years old. Am I eligible to apply for the exam?
A. Yes, you are eligible. However, we urge you to check the eligibility criteria section for complete information.
Q. What about relaxation for Reserved Category candidates?
A. Reserved Category candidates will have their share of relaxation. Please check the relaxation criteria section.