About RRB/ RRC Group D 2020 Recruitment
Every year, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the Group D Recruitment to give eligible candidates a golden opportunity to serve the Indian Railways. The RRB Group D 2018 saw a whopping number of applications (approximately, 1.08 crore) submitted for as many as 62,907 posts.
The Board had organised the exam successfully, between 17 September and 14 December 2018. This year, the officials have not announced the entrance examination date. The total number of vacancy is 1,03,769. The online application submission has been concluded since 26 April 2019.
Vacancy Details at a Glance
Underneath, we have given the details of Railway-wise summary of vacancies for different posts. Take a quick look –
|East Central Railway||1369||555||325||956||358||3563||713||713||166||0|
|South East Central Railway||797||219||115||366||167||1664||333||333||84||0|
|South Central Railway||3663||1432||722||2577||934||9328||1867||1867||125||0|
|East Coast Railway||1034||412||198||653||258||2555||510||510||105||0|
|Northern Railway, DMW and RCF||5144||2017||1031||3644||1317||13153||2630||2630||626||0|
|Northeast Frontier Railway||1119||449||226||809||291||2894||575||575||144||0|
|Eastern Railway, CLW & Metro||4926||1461||775||2619||1087||10873||2175||2175||589||5|
|South Eastern Railway||1933||738||361||1305||482||4914||965||965||215||95|
|North Western Railway||2132||814||384||1393||526||5249||1049||1049||324||0|
|South Western Railway and RWF||2745||1138||557||2006||715||7167||1433||1433||193||6|
|North Eastern Railway, MCF and RDSO||1570||615||307||1107||403||4002||802||802||157||0|
|North Central Railway and DLW||2080||678||317||1175||474||4730||948||948||145||6|
|Southern Railway and ICF||4363||1353||787||2118||958||9579||1914||1914||222||0|
|West Central Railway||1596||633||308||1080||402||4019||804||804||226||0|
Railway Group D 2020 Selection Process
Candidates must understand the selection procedure. It comprises 4 rounds or stages. They are –
- CBT – Computer-based Test
- PET – Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
Those who undergo these phases of selection successfully will be offered jobs as per the positions they have applied for.
Railway Group D 2020 Job Profile
What are the profiles that candidates had applied for?
- Helper in Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Signal & Telecommunication departments
- Key Man
- Cabinet Man
- Lever Man
- Points Man
- Gang Man
- Track Maintainer
Read on to know RRB/ RRC Group D 2020 Level I Recruitment details, such as exam highlights, important dates, eligibility, the application process, exam pattern, syllabus and other details and leave no stone unturned to score high.
RRC/ RRB Group D Recruitment 2020 (Level I) Highlights
|Exam Name||RRB Group D (Level I)|
|Conducted by||Rail Recruitment Cell (RRC)|
|Purpose||Recruitment to various Group D posts (mentioned above)|
|Total Number of Vacancies||1,03,769|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Job Location||Spread in various zones|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Minimum Qualification||Class X/ ITI|
|Official Website||http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/ http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Exam Date||Yet to Be Notified|
RRC Group D 2020 Important Dates
|Exam Events||Important Dates (Announced)|
|Notification released||12 March 2019|
|Online registration begins||12 March (5 pm)|
|Closing date of online registration||12 April 2019 (11.59 pm)|
|Closing date of online application submission||26 April 2019 (11.59 pm)|
|Last date to pay the application fee||Online payment: 23 April 2019 (11.59 pm) Post office challan: 18 April 2019 (1 pm) SBI bank challan: 18 April 2019 (1 pm)|
|Admit card to be issued||10 days prior to the exam|
|Exams to be commenced||To be notified later|
|Results to be declared||To be notified later|
RRB Group D (Level I) Recruitment Eligibility 2020
Candidates interested in getting into Indian Railways Group D (level – I) posts are required to meet the eligibility criteria set by the Authority. Take a look at the following requirements prescribed by the Railway Authority –
- Candidates must have Indian citizenship.
- Other nationals (a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refuge, a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) migrated from Burma, Pakistan, East African Countries and Sri Lanka) too can submit applications.
Age Limit –
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Upper Age: 31 years by July 1, 2019
Academic Qualification –
- He should have passed matriculation from a Board
- Or, should have passed ITI from an institute recognised by State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT) or National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Or, National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) conferred by National Council of Vocational Training
Railway Group D Application Process 2020
On behalf of RRCs, Railway Recruitment Board invited online applications from eligible Indian citizens and other nationals for various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in several units of Indian Railways. The last date to submit the RRC Group D Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix application is over.
A Few Important Points to Note –
- Before filling in the online application form, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions set by the Board for the posts.
- Those waiting for the final results of “Prescribed Educational Qualification” will not be able to apply.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling up the application
- Submit applications only at the official websites of the Railways Recruitment Boards (RRBs)/ Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs)
- Please provide your active mobile number and valid email ID so that RRCs/ RRBs will be able to send you recruitment-related messages throughout the entire period. Keep in mind that the Authority will not “entertain any request for change of mobile number and e-mail address at any stage.”
- Do not submit more than one application. Multiple applications will lead to rejection of your candidature.
- While giving in information, make sure that all the details are correct. If the Authority comes across any discrepancy in details, such as providing wrong or false information, the candidature of the particular candidate will be discarded immediately.
- Medically unsuitable applicants will not be given any alternative appointment.
Check the application process below –
- #1 Step: Visit the official website of RRB (http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/).
- #2 Step: You will have two options – New Registration & Candidate Login (If Already Registered).
- #3 Step: Select link as per your requirement.
- #4 Step: Now, you have the option to “Select Railway of Your Choice” (Detail mentioned below with link and vacancies).
- #5 Step: Complete the registration process. A system-generated registration ID and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail ID.
- #6 Step: Login using the credentials and complete the application form by giving information – Personal Details, Educational Details, Upload Scanned Images of Signature and Photograph
- #7 Step: Remit the application fee amount
- #8 Step: Submit the form and take a printout of the same for future use
Application Fee –
The application fee needs to be released either via online (credit card, debit card, UPI, net banking, etc.) or via offline (SBI Challan or Post Office Challan).
|Category||Application Fee Amount|
|SC/ ST/ Economically Backward Class/ Female/ Transgender/ PwBD/ Ex-servicemen||Rs.250/-|
Railway Group D Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Candidates have to undergo two major tests – (1) Computer Based Test (CBT) and (2) Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – before verification of document and medical examination. The CBT exam is likely to be commenced in September – October. Applicants will be notified about the exam date, time and venue through the e-admit card, which will further be downloaded from the official websites of RRBs/ RRCs.
Details about Computer Based Test –
There will be a total of 100 questions from four major subjects (General Science, Mathematics, General Awareness & Current Affairs and General Intelligence & Reasoning). You need to answer all the 100 questions for 100 marks in 90 minutes. Applicants must keep it in mind that “there will be negative marking and 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.” Refer to the underneath table –
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes (Combined)|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||90 Minutes|
*Candidates who fall under the PwBD category will be given 120 minutes to answer the questions.
Details about Physical Efficiency Test (PET) –
Clearing the CBT exam will give the candidates a chance to appear in the PET exam. The official notification states, “Based on the merit of candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/ RRCs.” The Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory to clear. Here are some parameters/ criterion for PET –
The official notice holds the following for male and female candidates:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.|
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.|
Applicants will get questions from these subjects – General Science, Mathematics, General Awareness & Current Affairs and General Intelligence & Reasoning.
Have you started your preparation for the Indian Railways Group D recruitment 2020 exam? Have you got your hands on the subjects and topics, yet? If no, check the following –
|Mathematics||General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Science||General Awareness and Current Affairs|
|Number system||Analogies||Physic (10th Standard level CBSE)||Science & Technology|
|BODMAS||Alphabetical and Number Series||Chemistry (10th Standard level CBSE)||Sports|
|Decimals||Coding and Decoding||Life Sciences (10th Standard level CBSE)||Culture|
|Ratio and Proportion||Jumbling||Any other subject of importance|
|Mensuration||Data Interpretation and Sufficiency|
|Time and Work||Conclusions and Decision making|
|Time and Distance||Similarities and Differences|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Analytical Reasoning|
|Profit and Loss||Classification|
|Geometry and Trigonometry||Statement – Arguments and Assumptions|
|Calendar & Clock|
|Pipes & Cistern|
RRC Group D Admit Card 2020
“No call letter will be sent by post”, stated the official notification.
Candidates are advised to download the e-call letters from the authorised websites of RRBs/ RRCs for CBT/ PET/ DV (Document Verification) as applicable.
The admit card carries certain information, such as the exam centre, shift, date, the name of the candidate, etc. Read all the important instructions on the admit card and comply with it. The hall ticket needs to be brought to the exam venue on along with one Photo ID (Driving License, Identity Card issued by the employer, passport, PAN card, etc.)
Railway Group D Result 2020
The Railway Group D Result 2020 will be declared after the completion of the exam. Those who qualify the Computer Based Test will be called for Physical Efficiency Test. Then the Document Verification will follow, then the Medical Test.
RRC Group D Recruitment 2020 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Can I still submit the online application for RRC Group D Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix?
A: It was over on 26th April.
Q: If a candidate manages to pass the Board exam (in third division), will he be considered eligible to apply for the post?
A: First of all, the online registration for Indian Railways Group D recruitment is over now. Coming to the question, yes, candidates with certificates of matriculation or ITI are eligible to apply.
Q: What is the selection procedure?
A: Candidates must understand the selection procedure. It comprises 4 rounds or stages. They are –
- CBT – Computer-based Test
- PET – Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Test
#4 Q: When will the CBT exam be held?
A: The Authority will tentatively conduct the test in September – October 2019.
#5 Q: When will the PET exam be held?
A: The Authority will conduct the test after the declaration of the CBT test.
#6 Q: What is the minimum age to participate in the recruitment test?
A: 18 years.
#7 Q: What is the upper age to participate in the recruitment test?
A: 33 years by July 1, 2019.
#8 Q: Can a foreigner apply for?
A: Yes. For more details, refer to the ‘eligibility’ section.
#9 Q: What is its exam pattern?
A: There will be 100 marks. Candidates will have questions from 4 different subjects.
#10 Q: Is there negative marking in the exam?
A: Yes. 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.